A rewarding activity that is easy to organize!
You are a teacher, a cycling club, a social club, a youth center, a solidarity organization or simply a group of citizens that wants to get involved with a good cause! Organizing a bike drive is a concrete way to help families in need in developing countries and to educate young and old alike about the environment, sustainable development and international solidarity.
It’s the percentage of groups that complete a bike drive, that decide to repeat the experience!
How does a bike drive work?
1. Cyclo Nord-Sud arrives the morning of the bike drive with everything you need to receive donors, including tools, donation forms, etc.
2. Volunteers collect donors’ bicycle(s), and may unload them from a car or truck, if necessary.
3. Cyclo Nord-Sud evaluates the bike(s), then a volunteer provides the donor with an official receipt for a tax credit.
4. Cyclo Nord-Sud removes the bicycle’s pedals and loosens and turns the handlebars sideways to make storing the donated bicycle in a truck or container easier.
5. Cyclo Nord-Sud puts all bikes in a truck and transports them back to Cyclo Nord-Sud’s headquarters in Montreal.
6. From there, Cyclo Nord-Sud handles the shipment of the donated bicyles!
Visit our calendar to see existing bike drives and contact us to reserve a date!
We are constantly looking to expand our collection network to meet the needs of our partners in the South. We are looking for bike drive organizers in a number of cities, including the ones listed below, which appear to have a large number of unused bicycles :
Amos, Anjou, Ahuntsic, Baie Comeau, Beaconsfield, Beauharnois, Blainville, Bois-des-Filion, Boisbriand, Bromont, Candiac, Coaticook, Contrecoeur, Côte-Saint-Luc, Dolbeau-Mistassini, Kingsey Falls, Kirkland, La Tuque, Laval, Lavaltrie, Lachine, Louiseville, Lorraine, Marieville, Maskinongé, Mirabel, Mont-Laurier, Montmagny, Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot, Pincourt, Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Port-Cartier, Rawdon, Rigaud, Rivière-du-Loup, Roberval, Rouyn-Noranda, St-Amable, Shawinigan, St-Basile-le-Grand, St-Constant, Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, St-Félicien, Ste-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, St-Sauveur, Ste-Sophie, Ste-Thérèse, Sutton, Trois-Rivières, Val-des-Monts, Val d’Or, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Windsor.