A rewarding activity that is easy to organize!
Is the percentage of groups that completed a bike drive that decided to repeat the experience!
You are a teacher, a cycling club, a social club, a youth center, a solidarity organization or simply a group of citizens that wants to get involved with a good cause! Organizing a bike drive is a concrete way to help families in need in developing countries and to educate young and old alike about the environment, sustainable development and international solidarity.
How does a bike drive with CNS attendance work ?
1. Cyclo Nord-Sud arrives the morning of the bike drive with everything you need to receive donors, including tools, donation forms, etc.
2. Cyclo Nord-Sud evaluates the bike(s), then a volunteer provides the donor with an official receipt for a tax credit.
3. We remove the bicycle’s pedals and loosens and turns the handlebars sideways to make storing the donated bicycle in a truck or container easier.
4. We put all bikes in a truck and Cyclo Nord-Sud transports them back to its headquarters in Montreal.
How does an autonomous bike drive work ?
1. Cyclo Nord-Sud sends you everything you need to receive donors, including tools, donation forms, etc.
2. During the bike drive, you fill the temporary receipts and give a copy to the donor (yellow or pink), keeping the white page for Cyclo Nord-Sud.
3. You have to arrange on a safe to keep the bikes (bike locks and chains could be lent) until Cyclo Nord-Sud comes to pick them up (on following days).
4. Cyclo Nord-Sud collects the receipts and bikes and transports them back to its headquarters in Montreal.
5. From there, Cyclo Nord-Sud handles the shipment of the donated bicyles!
We are constantly looking to expand our collection network to meet the needs of our partners in the South. We are looking for bike drive organizers in a number of cities, including the ones listed below, which appear to have a large number of unused bicycles :
Amos, Anjou, Ahuntsic, Baie Comeau, Beaconsfield, Beauharnois, Blainville, Bois-des-Filion, Boisbriand, Bromont, Candiac, Coaticook, Contrecoeur, Côte-Saint-Luc, Dolbeau-Mistassini, Kingsey Falls, Kirkland, La Tuque, Laval, Lavaltrie, Lachine, Louiseville, Lorraine, Marieville, Maskinongé, Mirabel, Mont-Laurier, Montmagny, Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot, Pincourt, Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Port-Cartier, Rawdon, Rigaud, Rivière-du-Loup, Roberval, Rouyn-Noranda, St-Amable, Shawinigan, St-Basile-le-Grand, St-Constant, Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, St-Félicien, Ste-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, St-Sauveur, Ste-Sophie, Ste-Thérèse, Sutton, Trois-Rivières, Val-des-Monts, Val d’Or, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Windsor.